Research Fellowship Electrophysiology
The training of young electrophysiologists is a major concern of the Swiss Heart Rhythm Foundation. The Research Fellowship for aspiring electrophysiologists is aimed at cardiologists who are planning to undergo further training at a recognised centre for electrophysiology abroad. Applications will be judged by a panel of internationally renowned electrophysiologists. The winner will receive a personal contribution to cover the cost of living abroad.
Basic Points of the 2020 Fellowship
- Currently training to be a cardiologist at a training facility in Switzerland or being a Swiss citizen at a training institution abroad.
- Not older than 35 years of age.
- Planning to stay at a centre for electrophysiology abroad for at least one year.
- Letter of recommendation from the head of the current training facility.
- Research project during the stay abroad.
- Letter of recommendation from the research group leader of the centre abroad.
Course of events:
- Submission of application documents (deadline January 19th 2020).
- Substantive examination.
- Evaluation of the applications by an international group of experts:
- Review of the research project and its feasibility at the planned centre for electrophysiology.
- The candidate presents his or her project in person (3 x 5): 5 minutes of presentation, 5 slides, and 5 minutes of questions.
- Selection of the winner of the research fellowship.
- Payment of the total amount into a Swiss bank account at the start of the stay abroad.
- After a year, a report on how the stay abroad progressed.